Your washer and dryer are the amazing duos that help you and your entire family to go through life with always clean and fresh clothes and we all have to show some respect to our favourite washers and dryers. They make our life easier, simply imagine all the job you would have to deal with if washers and dryers weren’t invented. In addition, your washer and dryer are not simply helping you out with everyday tasks like doing the laundry, they are your dynamic combo in much more thorough cleaning processes and missions like mat and rug cleaning (did you know you can throw your mats and smaller runners into the washing machine), curtain cleaning and maintenance (in case your curtains are dusty, but don’t need professional stain removal service) and washing your bedding and covers of upholstered furniture pieces. So, what are you going to do without your washer and dryer? Show them some respects, here is how!
Before starting with our top 10 tips, remember that safety is first and you have to unplug these appliances when doing anything that requires fiddling with them. Be sure to have the manufacturer’s instructions and manuals always on hand whenever you need a quick check and don’t do anything you are not sure how to fix later on.
- Regularly inspect washer hose conditions, connections and filters. Cracked hoses can spell disaster. The debris that is accumulated between the washer hoses and the machine can also significantly affect the water flow and reduce the effectiveness of your machine.
- An empty cycle every once in a while can be very beneficial for your washer. Everything you need to do is throwing a ½ cup of baking soda and a few cups of white vinegar and run a cycle in its hottest setting. After a few minutes, stop the machine and allow the baking soda and vinegar to do their trick for about an hour, then continue the cycle. All the grime and dirt collected will be gone!
- When completed, wipe down all surfaces with hot water and white vinegar solution and before using the washer again, allow for the basin to thoroughly air dry.
- When it comes to laundry detergent, quality is important and often less is more, so pay attention to the detergent you are using. If the rinse cycle is still soapy and bubbly, then you are using too much laundry detergent. The soapy residue is building on your washer and can reduce its efficiency as well as cause dingy whites and dull colours.
- Do you know that your washer is a great place where mildew enjoys growing? Because of that, you have to let the door remain open to allow the machine to dry completely.
- Remove the lint screen and push a long-handled brush straight down into the trap slot. Twirl the brush to collect lint balls that might fall in there.
- Pull your dryer away from the wall and disconnect the metal dryer ductwork. Use a brush to sweep out the vent gently from both sides. Reconnect the vent and seal with aluminium tape.
- Clean off the top of your dryer. You can use the space for folding, it is very convenient.
- Give your dryer a break from time to time by line-drying small loads and air drying things like curtains, mats, smaller runners and rugs and so.
- Recycle dryer lint by using it as compost, pet bedding for hamsters and guinea pigs, stuffing for some DIY sewing projects and more.
Carpet stain removal has never been that easy as it is with this simple, home-made and highly effective receipt with almost no supplies required!
Surprisingly, but there are many ways to remove permanent marker messes from all sorts of materials. Let’s find out more!
Butter and oil stains on your carpet and upholstery? Don’t worry, here is the secret to getting rid of them fast and easy!
Don’t panic and acting quickly is the best thing you can do when you spill nail varnish on the carpet. Here is what to do next!